Criminal Justice Reform Resources
Criminal Justice Reform in MA
- ECCO/MCAN Statement on Criminal Justice Reform
- Contains explanations of our six statewide policy priorities and information on how you can take action NOW.
- Mass Inc on Criminal Justice Reform
- A leading research organization. Contains many useful reports on criminal justice and the need for reform in MA.
- Jobs Not Jails Coalition Website
- ECCO and MCAN are working for criminal justice reform alongside the Jobs Not Jails Coalition, which includes faith, labor, and community groups, including those representing current and former prisoners. Their website contains useful information about the history and background of our campaign.
- ECCO’s Powerpoint on Statewide Reform Strategies. This presentation, especially in slides 5-20, explores non-violent direct action as a tactic to shift public narrative.
- ECCO’s Powerpoint on the Need for Bail Reform on the County and State Level
- ECCO’s Powerpoint on Options for Police Reform in Lynn
Background on Mass Incarceration
- The New Jim Crow, by Michelle Alexander, the pivotal book that galvanized the fight against mass incarceration. To ingest Alexander’s ideas in shorter form, click here for a Jewish discussion guide that includes multiple excerpts from the book, click here for Alexander’s Ted Talk, and click here for an interview with her on PBS.
- 13th, a powerful documentary by award-winning director Ava DuVernay. Available on Netflix.