MCAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and people of color to apply.
MCAN Fund Development Director
The Development Director creates and oversees the implementation of a strategic approach to fundraising which includes individual donors, events, and grant solicitations. As a community organizing group, we integrate this culture into our fundraising and engage donors and staff to be significant leaders in the fundraising efforts.
MCAN engages thousands of people across the state in our campaigns for economic and racial justice – some give money, others give time, and some give both.
Plan fund development activities
- Collaborate with the Executive Director, Fundraising Advisory Committee and Board of Directors to create a fund development plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Implement the fund development plans in accordance with ethical fundraising principles
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved
Organize fund development activities
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fundraising processes are carried out in a timely manner
- Manage the grant calendar and prepare and submit grant applications and reports in timeline manner
- Build relationships with current and new foundation staff
- Oversee the planning and execution of special fundraising events as specified in the fund development plan
- Coordinate a process to identify and develop individual donor prospects
- Coordinate a communication and stewardship process to further build relationships with individual donors
- Oversee the administration of a donor mailing list and database
Staff fund development activities
- Supervise a Fund Development associate and potentially a year-long fellow to support fundraising activities
- Engage donors/volunteers in leadership roles for fund development activities
- Provide coaching and mentorship towards the fundraising activities of MCAN affiliates across the state
- University degree
- 3-5 years of fundraising experience
- Training in Fundraising Management is an asset
Proficiency in the use of computer for:
- Fundraising software
- Word processing
This is a full time salaried position ranging from 55K to 65K dependent on experience. MCAN offers a flexible schedule with competitive benefits.
Please send a resume, cover letter detailing how your experience and skills make you the best candidate for the job, and 3‐5 page writing sample (preferably a grant application, donor email or other fundraising related document) to firstname.lastname@example.org.